- Master Planning, Landscape Masterplan, Wetlands design, Heritage works, Dog park.
- Client: Forde Developments
- Total Project Value: $400 million
- Project Timeline: 2006 - 2013
- Media/ Awards: Award for design in Landscape Architecture
SPACELAB's design development and master planning of Forde was spread across a 131 hectare site which included heritage assets that predated Canberra. These assets were linked together to form key nodes along a heritage trail. 50Ha of open space provided opportunity for creative and functional public areas that are easily accessible for all residents and commercial and educational development.
Various Estate Development Plans were commissioned throughout all stages of Forde. SPACELAB's expertise included energy audit plans, tree management plans, landscape master plans and street tree master planning. Through master planning SPACELAB incorporated trails and accessible pathways through all stages of the estate to encourage an active neighbourhood and high standard of living.