- Urban Planning, Estate Development Plan (EDP), Lease and Development Conditions.
- Client: Land Development Agency (LDA)
- Project Value: $3.5 million
- Project Timeline: 2007-2014
- Media/ Awards: Best master planned community in Australia
Franklin's 256 hectares includes 124 hectares of open space. SPACELAB initiated and completed urban planning for all 3 stages of Franklin including Estate Development Plans (EDP) packages and Lease and Development Conditions (L&D’s).
Open grasslands with scattered Eucalypts characterised the existent landscape. Higher value trees were retained within a detailed landscape design. Aboriginal heritage within the site has been conserved as part of the Gubur Dhaura Heritage Park.
Urban character is characterised by a high density spine along Flemington Road which tapers back to single residential blocks and the large central ponds of Franklin Wetlands, providing valuable habitat for native fauna while controlling stormwater flows.